One of the UK's most highly respected main contractors requires a Quantity Surveyor to join their Cambridge office. The successful candidate will join a busy business unit delivering projects in the Cambridgeshire area.
This business unit typically delivers projects in the built environment, including commercial, educational and residential developments between £3m - £40m in value. These projects will largely be within the Cambridgeshire area, sometimes including projects into surrounding counties including into East Anglia.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will provide commercial support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager on one or more projects depending on the complexity of the project. Once you are suitably ready you will also get the opportunity to run your own projects of up to circa £8m.
Typical duties include:
- Sub-Contract Management
- Payment of sub-contractors
- Prepare commercial reports for senior management
- Dealing with day-today contractual issues
- Assess risk and act / advise accordingly
- Keep accurate records and data
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have some post qualification experience with a reputable national or regional contractor
- Experience of being commercially responsible for your own project(s) or having worked on a major project managing significant packages of work
- Ideally candidates will have had exposure to new build / refurbishment / fit-out projects
- Candidates should be ambitious and driven individuals hungry to learn
- Excellent communication skills are required
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's most respected contractors. They have a reputation for being a fantastic employer and nationally, they have delivered signature projects across the UK. The Cambridgeshire office deals with smaller to medium sized projects ranging between £3m - £40m, typically in the built environment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £40k (Depending on experience)