A Quantity Surveyor is required to join an international consultancy in their Cambridge office. You will ideally be a Quantity Surveyor with consultancy experience in the residential sector (care homes experience is a bonus), however any building sector experience is seen as a positive. You should also have experience of, or the ability and interest to work in an Employers Agent role.
Projects will be initially focused in the residential sector, inclusive of care and extra care homes. The company work in a multitude of sectors so you will not be pigeon holed to this sector long term. Projects will be predominantly new build but will also involve some refurbishment as well.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act in a client facing or client side role, managing projects independently
- Tender report duties
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Prepare and / or review cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Acting as an Employers Agent when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the residential sector is preferred but not essential
- Experience of new build or refurbishment projects
- EA (Employers Agent) experience is ideal however willingness and ability
- Experience of managing projects independently
- Experience within a PQS environment
- Experience working in a team environment
Member of the RICS is beneficial however the correct experience is more important (see above experience required)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 construction consultancy in the UK with multiple offices in overseas locations. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service in regards to quality services to clients in their sectors. They offer unrivaled project exposure and boast an excellent staff retention rate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme and pension contribution.