Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8364 Job Posted 10/04/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Cambridge Salary £35k - £45k (DOE) + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An intermediate level Quantity Surveyor is required to work for the Cambridge office of a London based main contractor. The successful candidate will work on a Cambridge based, long term framework agreement in the education sector. You will be based in Cambridge, however you may be required to travel to Head Office in North London on occasions. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team based in Cambridge and you will report into the Commercial Manager.
The successful candidate will be site based in Cambridge on a long term framework agreement in the education sector. Work will include maintenance, refurbishment and new build projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor you will report to and assist the Commercial Manager of this division on day to day commercial tasks whilst taking responsibility for individual schemes within the framework agreement.
- Producing monthly Cost Value Reconciliations
- Creating orders
- Producing valuations
- Managing payments
- Sub contractor procurement & management
- Keeping organised and accurate documentation for the project(s)
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
- Dealing with day-to-day contractual issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have previous experience of working for a main contractor or sub-contractor in the built environment
- Candidates must be highly professional with strong client facing skills
- Strong Planning and Organisational skills
- Candidate’s should be suitably experienced, to carry out most of the day-to-day duties of a QS autonomously
- Confident and decisive personality
- Strong commercial acumen. In particular the ability to manage and reduce costs where possible and stick to financial targets on individual projects
- A Degree qualification (or similar equivalent) would be preferred, however for candidates with relevant experience and no Degree will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but highly professional London based main contractor with a turnover of approximately £60m. They have multiple divisions to their business which include major projects, Heritage projects and Property Services.
The successful candidate will work from the Cambridge office on a framework program which is a division of the larger business in itself.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £35k - £45k + Pension + Bonus
25 Days Holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend