I am currently searching for Quantity Surveyor with 1 – 2 years NEC experience (or near to) in the Bedford or Cambridge area, to work for a leading international consultancy in the highways and infrastructure sector. You will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor in highways, civil engineering or infrastructure projects. This could be a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with a Main Contracting background who wants to work for a consultancy organisation, as both Main Contracting and Consultancy backgrounds are considered highly.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor on an exciting live civil engineering scheme, and work on more major schemes in the future with this highly reputable consultancy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Target cost work
- Contract administration on a large civil engineering scheme
- Post Contract administration (budgeting and forecasting)
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
- Handling post tender qualification documents & procedures
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
- Preparation of tender reports for future projects
- Analysis, evaluation/assessment of tender reports
- Negotiation and contract formulation
Desired Skills and Experience
- NEC Contract experience
- Highways experience
- Post-contract administration (budgeting and forecasting) experience
- A degree/HND level qualification in a relevant field (such as quantity surveying or civil engineering) is highly desirable, but not a strict requirement
- Chartered member of a professional body or working towards is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a leading cost consultancy and quantity surveying practice with an unrivaled reputation in major highways, civil engineering, rail, utilities and building projects, both in the UK and overseas. They operate numerous UK offices and work on some of the largest and most exciting projects in the UK, and provide unparalleled exposure to live and exciting schemes. This company are highly renowned in the industry and allow flexibility to their staff when it comes to working from home when required (to a certain extent).
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance (generous figure), health, pension, bonus scheme, and other attractive benefits,