Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8857 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Central Leicester Salary Depends on Applicant Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 28/01/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
A Quantity Surveying role exists with one of the East Midland’s leading construction consultancies, based out of their central Leicester office, which is within walking distance of the train station.
The vacancy would suit a Quantity Surveyor with several years experience. Ideally you will have worked with a similar cost & project management consultancy and will be working towards your chartership (RICS) and keen to progress this through to completion.
You will work for a forward-thinking consultancy where you will receive support to complete you APC diary and final interview, whilst working on exciting projects within the built environment.
The hiring company work predominantly on complex projects within the built environment. A positive to this role will be the diversity of work you will be exposed to.
Sectors of the built environment will include:
• And more
Whilst you will be Leicester based and work on projects locally within the wider midlands region, the East Midlands office does also have some projects further afield. Particularly in London. Therefore, candidates must be prepared to visit their sites on a regular basis and therefore some travel outside of the Midlands will be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work as part of a professional but friendly and collaborative working environment, where you will have direct links to the Partner of the office. You will be expected to carry out a range pf pre and post contract duties within your role whilst keeping a keen eye on costs with a view to ensuring the businesses margins are maintained throughout the project.
Specific duties will include:
- •Managing the client objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Preparation of financial reports
- Regular and comprehensive monitoring of the project status and communicating this with senior management
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Preparation of full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
Desired Skills and Experience
This client-side QS role requires applicants to have had basic knowledge / experience in all aspects of quantity surveying and pre and post contract cost consultancy duties, including:
- Experience of preparing tenders, cost plans, and estimates
- Experience of implementing proactive cost control procedures
- Experience of preparing financial reports
- Experience of how to provide cost advice on design solutions
- Experience of cost/variation procedures
- Experience of having carried out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
- Candidates must be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- Candidates are NOT required to have finished their chartership (RICS), however must have the motivation to complete this in a timely manner with support from the employer
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a highly reputable cost and project management consultancy that have an excellent reputation for being a leading, forward-thinking employer. Employees will work in a positive working environment and receive a competitive salary with a comprehensive package as well as flexible working arrangements that allow for staff to work from home on occasions.
This would be an excellent career move for any Quantity Surveyors who are not getting the support they deserve whilst working their APC diary to become Chartered.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Circa £35k - £40k Basic Salary
- RICS approved APC training
- Professional Development training
- Generous leave and study leave available
- Life insurance, income protection insurance etc
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend