Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Central London
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join the transport division of a top tier international construction consultancy in London to work on rail projects and networks. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor working out of a clients office, and have the opportunity to thrive and progress in the future with this international consultancy.
You will be working on rail projects as a main focus, taking on the role of Quantity Surveyor, initially based in a client’s office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Quantity Surveyor, often on larger complex commissions.
- Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Working on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Quantity Surveyor
- Applying/Assisting with Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Estimating and cost planning activities
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively alongside the Commercial Manager
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a Consultancy or Client organisation is preferred
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the rail sector is preferred
- Working with familiar forms of contract such as NEC or ICE (not limited to)
- Pre and Post Contract experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a competitive benefits package.