A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a world leading construction consultancy on projects up to £50m in the Highways, Rail, Water, and Energy sectors. You will be working closely with senior team members in a close-knit team in a pre and post contract role, with some exposure to claims. You will initially work as a Quantity Surveyor on a major project that is in its early stages, alongside other shorter-term complex and exciting projects.
You will be working as a Quantity Surveyor on projects in the infrastructure sector, and initially be working on the early stages of a major rail project, along with other shorter-term complex and exciting projects between £5m - £50m.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with senior team members and internal multidisciplinary teams as Quantity Surveyor
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery or pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments
- Cost reporting for clients
- Travel to other offices, client sites, and meetings on a national and international basis when required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Cost Estimation and Measurement experience
- Pre-contract knowledge
- Consultancy experience is preferred as a Quantity Surveyor
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Team orientated individual
- Strong analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Degree qualified is RICS certified course is strongly preferred
- On route to APC is preferred it not already chartered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including pension contribution (x2 of what you contribute up to 6% [maximum +12% on top]), bonus each year, health cover, 25 days holiday with option to buy/sell holiday days, and option to carry 10 days holiday over per year and maintain into following years.