A skilled Quantity Surveyor with pre and post contract experience is required to join an international construction consultancy in their Central London office. You will take up a cost management role on commissions of varying size and complexity in the built environment.
Project values vary (up to £1bn currently) and you will be given the option to work on a variety of commissions. The company work in sector specific teams, however transferability between sectors is flexible if you show the ability and desire to work in multiple sectors at different stages as a Quantity Surveyor.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor, you will ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of an effective cost management service. You will see projects through from feasibility stage through to final account, or be responsible for packages on much larger projects.
Some typical duties you will carry out include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Carrying out estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Assisting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Taking a key role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the built environment is essential
- Pre and Post Contract experience
- Member of the RICS is desired but not essential should you have full project delivery experience
- A relevant degree or equivalent is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction and management consultancy with offices around the globe. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors in all construction sectors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a base salary, car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, and other great benefits.