A leading central London based main contractor is searching for a promising Quantity Surveyor to work in an intermediate role supporting the Commercial Lead on an exciting £15m Refurbishment and Fit Out project. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in managing their own projects up to £15m including some exposure to structural refurbishments and managing two stage tender processes.
The project you will manage will be a prestigious £15m commercial refurbishment consisting of structural re-configuration, considerable façades work and CAT A Fit Out under a two stage tender.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work in an intermediate role supporting the Commercial Lead on the project. You will be an integral part of the team on this project and will work closely with the senior management team to provide support o n the following typical Quantity Surveying duties:
• Managing Sub-contractors
• Dealing with Variations
• Contract Administration
• Monitoring costs on the project
• Reporting progress to senior management
• Regularly meeting with the client to provide regular update
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some experience of projects involving structural refurbishment is strongly desired
- Candidates will ideally have experience of working on project secured on a two stage tender basis. For candidates with strong refurbishment experience, this may not be essential.
- Candidates will come from a main contractor background, rather than a Consultancy background
- Candidates should be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company was established over 10 years ago by several well experienced Directors who had previously worked for leading contractors in this sector. Today they have a turnover exceeding £100m, over 130 staff and a 3,000 sq ft office in Central London. They work with a variety of blue chip clients, carrying out exciting projects and pride themselves on their ability to reward hard-working and ambitious staff with the support they need to reach their potential as a construction professional. They work in a highly professional environment with a work hard, play hard philosophy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£45k - £65k (Depending on Experience)
+ Car Allowance
+ Other benefits including Pension & Medical