A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a busy Central London office of a large international construction consultancy. You will perform in a first class Cost Management role on exciting projects in the civils and infrastructure sector.
You will work on projects in the civil engineering and infrastructure sectors of construction as a main focus.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To perform the role of Quantity Surveyor to a first class level
• Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management service
• Be a Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as a Quantity Surveyor
• Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
• Estimating and cost planning activities on major projects
• Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the infrastructure, civil engineering or rail sectors is essential
• Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired
• Full or on route to full membership of the RICS, InstCES or other relevant body is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects on the globe.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including pension contribution (x2 of what you contribute up to 6% [maximum +12% on top]), bonus each year, health cover, 25 days holiday with option to buy/sell holiday days, and option to carry 10 days holiday over per year and maintain into following years.