Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8221 Job Posted 16/10/2018 Region London Location Central London Salary £40,000-£50,000 + car allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
An opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Central London office of a UK based construction consultancy. You should have previous London market experience on building construction projects and the drive to succeed within an established and renowned consultancy with a first class reputation.
You will be a Quantity Surveyor with the chance to work in a multitude of sectors so you will not be pigeon holed to one sector in the long term. Projects will be predominantly new build but will also involve some refurbishment as well.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include (not limited to):
- Preparing budget estimates/cost plans
- Preparation of tender documents
- Tender evaluation and report
- Interim valuations
- Cost reports and final accounts including the evaluation of contractor’s claims
- Effective variation control
- Reporting direct to clients including presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at a high technical level with members of the design team, other professionals in the industry, and clients
- Robust and strong attitude to negotiations with contractors
- Ability to challenge designs and suggest sustainable alternative economic design solutions, and communicate with design team
- Capable of motivating/mentoring/developing others as part of their career progression
- Working towards MRICS or MRICS
- Relevant Degree (preferably RICS accredited)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy that provide consultancy services in sectors that include education, health, mixed use, residential, leisure, industrial, commercial offices, retail and sports stadiums. The company operates offices spreading throughout the UK so offer a national service with local expertise.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance on top of a competitive basic salary, as well as other benefits such as health, pension, and bonus scheme.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend