A unique role exists for a Quantity Surveyor to join an investment firm managing a £160m (and growing) property portfolio, including properties in the UK, Europe, Middle East and USA.
The hiring company are a strategic asset management company acquiring and refurbishing commercial property.
The role combines the Quantity Surveying role with a strong element of Project Management. The successful candidate will need to have experience in the development and refurbishment of commercial real estate.
The employer specialises in the acquisition and refurbishment of commercial property. Currently they have a portfolio of £160m worth of assets which is rapidly growing and there are exciting plans to significantly increase this figure both in the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role of the candidate will focus on the day-to-day responsibility of project managing commercial refurbishment project. They will work under the direction of the management team which will include the General Manager, Development Manager and Operations Manager, for whom you will need to provide regular progress reports. Within this role, your duties will typically span between:
- Cost Management
- Development Appraisals
- Programme Management
- Contract Tendering / Procurement
- Construction Management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidate will ideally have experience of working on commercial refurbishment projects
- Will need to have strong cost management skills
- Ability to Project Manage
- Strong tendering / procurement experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow processes and document progress to management regularly
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying (or a similar equivalent) is essential
- Candidates with any of the following qualifications would also be advantageous:
- Prince 2
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a growing office with an extensive portfolio of UK and European commercial real estate. Currently the business has £160m of assets under management and are looking to grow through acquisition and strategic asset management. They can offer the successful candidate an interesting and unique role working directly for the acquiring party in land sales, whilst project managing all refurbishment work on newly acquired properties.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £50k (Dependant on experience)