Responsibilities and Duties
- Review of existing processes and implementation of robust cost and project management systems and procedures
- Liaison with site foreman, architects and senior management
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Managing materials take-off, enquiries, negotiation and procurement
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working within the high-end residential industry is desired
- Must be a team player and be able to work to a high standard under pressure
- Must have a sound knowledge of Quantity Surveying / Cost Management tools, systems & software
- Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently is desired
- Must be PC literate with excellent Excel skills
- Previous had the sole responsibility for contracts valued at £2.5M +
- Excellent communication skills and confident in negotiating on behalf of the company with a proven ability to present written and persuasive arguments.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company are a luxury developer within the Chelsea - London region, ever since the firm debuted in this particular field twenty years ago, this company has managed to sustain its impressive level of prosperity