Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8909 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Coventry Salary to £29k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/03/2020 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
This is an exciting role for a Quantity Surveyor who wants to join a prestigious construction tunnelling company with fantastic career opportunities. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
The job role of the successful candidate with this exciting and dynamic construction tunnelling company, is to assist with subcontracts and procurement schedules and to enhance the company's ability to provide a high quality commercial function.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Quantity Surveyor will be:
- Responsible for preparing and writing procurement schedules.
- Preparing reporting during and after a project along with cost reports and cost planning.
- Organise supplier accounts by observing payments though to final accounts.
- Be part of contract administration, including change management and maintain associate registers.
- Monitor commercial risks and opportunities as well as assisting in cost control and cost mitigation.
- Help to draft up subcontracts, understand policy coverage as well as identifying insurance claims.
- Submit payment applications.
- Update risk, opportunity register and accruals list.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 2 or more years’ experience in Civil Engineering in a Quantity Surveying role
- Computer Literate with strong ability to use Microsoft Office Applications.
- RC Frames and General Civils experience.
- NEC experience is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- HND/ Degree Qualification or above
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a brilliant tunnelling and civil engineering subcontracting organisation that offers its employees the chance to work in a wide range of both large and small scaled developments.
The company offer fantastic progression opportunities to its employees.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The salary is negotiable and is dependant on experience.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend