Quantity SurveyorRef MAX5935 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region South East England Location Dartford, Kent Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - South East & London
An intermediate Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading infrastructure services company delivering vital services in transportation, the built environment and open spaces for communities and business. You will have experience in highways and civil experience with 2/3 years on site experience.
- Projects will mostly be road and highway projects within a road framework agreement lasting a number of years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be working with either the Senior QS or the Regional Commercial Manager to administer the NEC Contract - Options A and B
- You will review the main contract and scope of works and buy packages back to back.
- You will manage or assist in the Contractual Management of awarded subcontracts up to Final Account.
- You will manage or assist in the management of Subcontractors’ payments and follow up reporting documents.
- You will manage the main contract to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations
- You will understand and take ownership of the project risks and opportunities.
- You will take ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
- You will be able to take ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a quantity surveying or cost accountancy or accountancy role would be desirable although not essential.
- Experience working in relevant sectors before is desirable
- Civil Engineering Contractor Experience is desirable
- NEC contract knowledge type A & B is desirable but not essential
- No formal qualifications are essential although a degree in Quantity Surveying or other related area would be advantageous.
- Equally a degree or other qualification that demonstrates numeracy and logical thinking would be desirable such as economics, accountancy, administration etc
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading infrastructure services company delivering vital services in transportation, the built environment and open spaces for communities and business.
Their turnover is cGBP150M and rising quickly
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car or car allowance
- Discretionary Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend