A Quantity Surveyor with some experience of working on the pre-contract side of complex construction projects is required to work for a leading Dubai based consultancy. The successful candidate will work as part of a team on a large commission in house for one of Dubai's busiest developers. This is a pre-contract role to assist the client with tasks such as cost plans, feasibility studies and estimates.
The successful candidate will be based at the clients office on a prestigious large scale development in the leisure and entertainment sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and closely with a team of QS and PM staff on a commission to complete pre-contract work on behalf of a leading client developer in the leisure and entertainment sector.
Specific tasks will include assisting with the following:
- Procurement of contractors
- Tender evaluation
- Cost Planning
- Feasibility Studies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have some pre-contract experience working for either a consultancy or directly for a client organisation
- Some exposure to projects within the leisure & entertainment sector are preferred.
- Candidates who have worked as part of a pre-contract team on larger, complex projects are desired
- Candidates must have strong client facing skills
- Strong communication skills as well as excellent verbal and written English
- Candidates must hold a degree qualification or similar equivalent. Due to the clients requirements for approval onto the project, candidates must also have a minimum of 9 years post graduate experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is a dynamic quantity surveying/commercial management/cost consultancy that has been established in Dubai for over 20 years, and offers an unrivalled service to their repeat clients. They currently employ around 90 staff in Dubai, UAE.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 30k - 38k AED p/m (depending on experience)
- Working Hours: 7.45am - 5.15pm
- 26 days holiday + public holidays