Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Birmingham
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a tier 1 construction consultancy in their busy Erdington office in Birmingham, taking a Quantity Surveying role on exciting public sector projects across the Midlands and in some cases the rest of the UK as well. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into a leadership role in the future.
You will work on projects in the public build sector including education, health, and defence projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will perform the role of Quantity Surveyor, working on start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions in the public sector.
- To act as a client interface in the absence of the Senior Quantity Surveyor, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- You will be a Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Assisting or taking responsibility for conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Quantity Surveyor
- Assist with the application of Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Estimating and cost planning activities to include taking responsibility and presenting the final cost plan with the Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial lead.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are undertaken effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is undertaken effectively
- Get involved with the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is desired, however Main Contracting experience is considered if you have pre-contract experience.
- A steady career path as an Assistant / Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in building project sectors is essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is tier 1 construction consultancy offering a range of services to the construction industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients on an international basis, on some of the most iconic and interesting construction projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefits package including a health scheme and pension allowance.