Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7672 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region South East England Location Farnham, Surrey Salary £35k - £45k + Car + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor capable of managing a £5m Care Home Development in Farnham in Surrey. The successful candidate will work for the main contractor on this project which is currently at the foundations stage of the project. You will have assistance from a Trainee QS on this development.
The successful candidate will be the lead site based Quantity Surveyor on a £5m Care Home project in Farnham, Surrey.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role of the Quantity Surveyor will be the lead site based Quantity Surveyor on this project. You will report directly to the Regional Commercial Manager. You will also have assistance from a Trainee Quantity Surveyor who is already working on this project. You will be expected to delegate work accordingly to the Trainee whilst also supporting them in their development.
Typical Duties will include:
- Placing Orders - Measurements & Valuations
- Managing Sub-contractors
- Dealing with variations
- Regular reporting to senior management - Senior figure in site based meetings - Attending meetings with the client
Desired Skills and Experience
Should be a Quantity Surveyor with experience of predominantly working for main contractors rather than Consultancies.
- Will have ideally acted as the lead Quantity Surveyor on at least one project over £1m in value. However candidates that have worked as Package QS on larger projects, but want the responsibility of being the lead QS on a project will be considered
- Candidates with experience on building projects such are desired. Previous experience on Care Homes / Residential projects would be advantageous, however not essential.
- Should be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a privately owned Construction Group who have been operating for over 75 years. They have 4 key areas to their business; construction, Facilities Management, Property and Logistics. The Group employ over 500,the majority of which work in their construction division. They have been named in the Sunday Times 'Top Track 250' list which ranks the Countries top performing privately owned businesses.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £45k + Car + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend