Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8526 Job Posted 08/04/2019 Region South East England Location Farnham, Surrey Salary £40k - £45k + car allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required in Farnham to join a first class construction consultancy that work on construction and infrastructure projects up to £1 billion in the UK construction market. You should be a well-rounded Quantity Surveyor with an appetite to work on and manage a large variety of projects of varying values.
Projects vary within the civils, infrastructure and built environment. Project values vary reaching circa £1 billion in contract value.
Responsibilities and Duties
Perform the full scope of Quantity Surveying duties, inclusive of
- Pre and post contract management
- Value change effectively
- Read drawings and draw up costs
- Cost planning duties
- Pricing compensation events
- Assist with claims
- Understanding loss and expense clauses in contracts
- Liaising regularly with site teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of pre and post contract duties as Quantity Surveyor
- Understanding of typical duties such as valuing change, reading drawings, measurement, cost planning, loss & expense clauses in contracts and claims exposure
- Experience working for a contractor or consultancy are both suitable
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Recently chartered (RICS) is preferred, or on route to becoming Chartered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a first class construction consultancy that work on a wide variety of projects throughout the construction industry. They will offer you a high level of exposure and responsibility, catapulting your career forward and giving you experience that is unrivalled at similar consultancies due to their ability to have employees working on 2/3/4 projects at any one time from either a company office or a site / client office.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance, 25 days holiday increasing up to 30 after 5 years, laptop, phone, and introductory bonus, a Christmas bonus, paid memberships, and other competitive benefits.
- Intermediate Pre Contract Quantity Surveyor Hamilton, Ontario - Neg
- Junior Pre Contract Quantity Surveyor Hamilton - Neg
- Quantity Surveyor Newcastle upon Tyne, North East - £30k - £35k + car allowance
- Quantity Surveyor Sheffield, South Yorkshire - £30k - £40k + car allowanc
- Quantity Surveyor Northfleet, Kent - Circa 40k - £50k + Car Allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend