A highly regarded main contractor is looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor for their regional office in Gloucestershire. The successful candidate will work for one of the leading main contractors in the UK construction industry and potentially have the opportunity to be involved on projects up to £100m.
This position would suit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor with strong experience at a junior and intermediate level on reasonably sized projects. This could include managing large value packages of work on major projects, or managing your own project(s) in excess of £5m - £10m.
Projects undertaken will range from £2m all the way up to £100m in some instances. these projects will typically be within the built environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
• Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
• Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
• Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved
• Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
• Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
• Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should have a multiple years experience working for a main contractor on projects in the built environment
- Ideally have worked on projects in excess of £10m+ previously
- Must have experience of identifying and managing commercial risk and opportunities
- Excellent communcator
- Confidence and ambition
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to demonstrate time managements skills
- Candidates will be educated to Degree standard (or similar equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or another relevant subject
- Candidates must hold a valid UK Driving License
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading UK main contractor with a reputation for delivering major projects. They have a large number of regional offices and as a business they operate across a range of sectors. They are renowned for their expertise and one of the most recognised construction companies in the country. They offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package and are widely regarded as a fantastic employer for ambitious Quantity Surveyors who want to work on exciting projects with highly professional colleagues.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Circa £30k - £40k + Car + excellent benefits package