An Quantity Surveyor is required to work for one of the largest tunnelling specialist contractors in the UK. The hiring company is a family ran business with an excellent reputation in this niche area of the construction industry who regularly pick up an exciting range of tunnelling work in London and the South East.
The position would suit candidates with a few years experience post qualification who would like to get into an interesting specialist sector of the construction industry, such as tunnelling.
Projects will typically be London based and include a range of tunnelling projects from including micro tunnelling projects, tunnelling using TBM's and much more in the private and public sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
An enthusiastic Assistant QS is required to join a highly successful family ran business and provide commercial support to the senior commercial team. The role will be split between their office based near Grays, Essex and projects based typically in London.
You will provide general commercial assistance and specific duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have had exposure to working for a contractor of subcontractor on civil engineering projects. Specific experience on tunnelling projects would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Candidates could currently be working at Assistant QS or Quantity Surveyor level currently
- Candidates must be confident and have a high level of enthusiasm to learn new things
- Excellent written and verbal English is required
- Candidates should have completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are one of the UK's largest specialist tunnelling contractors with a workforce in excess of 900 employees. They carry out work both in the UK and Internationally; their Head office is based near Grays, Essex and the successful candidate will split their time between the office and sites typically based in London. They can provide candidates with excellent training and a fantastic working environment in a family ran business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £40k + Car Allowance