A local North West London Reinforced Concrete Frame and Groundwork's sub contractor is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to for its Harrow based office.
The successful candidate will ideally have some exposure to groundwork's or RC Frame packages, however experience with similar sub contractors may also be relevant. The role will be largely office based in Harrow, London. However some travel to sites will be required.
The hiring company are a specialist RC Frame and groundworks sub-contractor based in Harrow, North West London. They have a range of clients varying from private residential clients through to larger commercial clients.
Typical projects include providing groundworks and reinforced concrete frame services as a sub contractor for larger developments as well as high end basement conversions.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a small commercial team within the business. You will report to the Commercial Manager and provide commercial and contractual support generally to the commercial team.
Typical duties will include:
- Bills of quantities
- Cost Reporting
- Liaising with other departments of the business
- Attending site meetings
- Managing payments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working for a subcontractor is desired
- Previous experience of working as a QS on groundwork's and / or RC Frame projects is advantageous, however may not be essential
- Solid grasp of the Quantity Surveying role and the ability to carry out the basic QS functions independently
- Strong planning and organisation skills are required
- A formal qualification in a relevant subject, such as a HNC or HND in Quantity Surveying is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are an established sub contractor specialising in RC Frame and Groundworks. Their office is based in Harrow, North West London and they carry out work with private residential clients as well as larger projects in the commercial sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Neg. basic salary. Likely to be in the region of £40k - £50k Basic Salary plus benefits such as pension and expenses.