A Quantity Surveyor is required to join an international consultancy, to work out of a client office in Huntingdon (outside Cambridge) on gas compressor station renewals. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be reporting into the Client Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager on site, and the main function of your role will be to manage the Main Contractor and contract performance on the scheme.
The projects involve the renewal of gas compressor stations, improving the infrastructure to make pumping gas more efficient. The gas compressors are currently out of date and an investment has been made to renew them, resulting in cleaner compression technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing the Contractor on site
- Managing the contract performance
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments with your line manager, assisting in defending contractor claims where necessary
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Cost reporting for the client - Progress meetings and performance monitoring
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the Power sector is ideal but not essential
- Main Contractor or Consultancy background are both applicable
- Client interfacing experience
- Degree Qualified - MRICS, MIET, or working towards is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are an international construction cost and project management consultancy operating across various continents, involved in some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide. They have a growing infrastructure division so there are great future prospects for those that join this side of the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance and competitive package