An international specialist contractor is seeking an enthusiastic and capable Quantity Surveyor to work on a large scale civil engineering project in Hong Kong.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a reputable contractor on a large scale project. You will assist with variations, claims, valuations and other Quantity Surveying activities. You will be part of a site based commercial team and report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
HK$ billion civil engineering project with another 2 – 3 years of construction to complete.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in providing general QS services for the ongoing project
- Assist in developing cost estimations
- Assist with Subcontractor management
- Assist with valuing variations
- Assist in claims research work
- Assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor as directed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in Hong Kong
- Variation and claims work experience is an advantage
- Candidates with a contracting background are preferred
- Good command spoken and written English and Cantonese
- Initiative, well organized and hardworking
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional qualifications such as MRIC, MHKIS are preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A reputable international contractor with a strong reputation for delivering specialist construction expertise on large scale projects throughout the world. They can offer excellent long term career development opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Yearly bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Full medical coverage.