Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7166 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary £25k - £35k + Car Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a market leading contractor in their specialist sector of road surfacing. The successful candidate will join a nationally recognised name in their Leicester office, overseeing work on sites around the East Midlands region.
The company are specialists in road surfacing. Project will range from large stretches or roads ad motorways to smaller road maintenance agreements. Specialist projects such as runways on airports are also a common occurrence.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Quantity Surveyor within the business, you will work closely alongside the Senior Quantity Surveyors assisting with commercial tasks relating to a number of projects. You will have the chance to work more independently and prove your capabilities on slightly smaller projects. This will act as a fantastic learning curve for yourself and guidance for management as to when you are ready to be promoted to Senior QS.
Your time will be split between the office and site, and a large bias of the role will be on post contract work. Some typical duties will include:
- Assisting / Advising on terms and conditions relating to procurement of sub-contractors
- Managing the finances relating to the project(s)
- Maintaining records
- Recovery of values
- Cost Value Reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will need to have come from a main contractor or sub-contractor background.
- Candidates with specific experience to highways & roads are strongly preferred. However candidates with general civils project experience will be considered
- Candidates with experience of NEC contract are preferred, however the hiring company also uses JCT and ICE from time to time.
- Candidates must have attained a formal qualification in Quantity Surveying (or other relevant subject) or be working towards such a qualification on a day release basis and within a year of graduating.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leader in its specialist field of road surfacing. The frequently act as a sub-contractor to the larger multi-discipline main contractors on major roads & highways projects as well as working as a main contractor in their own right on smaller regional schemes. They have a commercial team in the region of 10 - 15 covering the East Midlands region and boast impressive office facilities close to the M1 Junction 21a.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend