Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7893 Job Posted 16/10/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester Salary £35k - £40k + car / car allowance Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a national consultancy in their central Leicester office, to work on a variety of building sector projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a leading construction consultancy as a Quantity Surveyor, with scope to progress within a growing consultancy. The ideal candidate would be a Quantity Surveyor with experience either for a PQS or Main Contracting organisation, who is on route to passing their APC, or is already chartered.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in various sectors. Sectors include public and private sector projects and you will not be limited to one sector should you show the willingness to gain a variety of experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Carrying out estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Assisting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Taking a key role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pre and Post contract experience
- Experience in the built environment as Quantity Surveyor
- Degree in any discipline is preferred
- Member of RICS or on route to completing APC
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a fantastic consultancy that offers its employees the chance to work across various sectors whilst progressing within. They are a multi-sector and multi-disciplinary construction consultancy.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car or car allowance, pension contribution, and other benefits on top of a very competitive basic salary.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend