Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8576 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicester, East Midlands Salary £35k - £45k + benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 02/10/2018
We are seeking a consultancy side Quantity Surveyor to join a new Leicester office of a top 20 UK consultancy to support continued growth and expansion throughout the East Midlands.
Projects vary in sector but are within the build environment, predominantly using the JCT contract. Projects are mainly new build but also include refurbishments, and are all £multi-million in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your duties will include a range of pre and post contract duties including:
• preparation of tenders
• cost planning
• compiling estimates
• contract administration
• agreement of final accounts
• value engineering
• procurements / standardisation work
Desired Skills and Experience
• Ideally have a minimum of 4 years post grad experience
• Possess knowledge and experience of working within the Residential or Retail sectors but we are able to consider other industry sector experience
• Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Project
• Experience in electronic take off software such as CostX or similar
• Show strong relationship management and client facing skills with a consistent excellent standard of customer care
• Ability to demonstrate excellent planning, problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent problem solving, planning and decision making skills
• Are qualified or working towards your APC for RICS accreditation
• Degree qualified
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy with offices in the UK and overseas. They employ over 150 staff and has well over a century of experience since establishment.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A robust APC programme, a competitive salary, benefits package, and regular social events!
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, East Midlands - £32k-£40k + benefits
- Project Quantity Surveyor Macau - Neg
- Quantity Surveyor Coventry, Warwickshire - £36k - £46k + Car + Pension
- Quantity Surveyor Birmingham, West Midlands - £36k - £42k + Car + Pension
- Quantity Surveyor York, North Yorkshire - £35k - £40k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend