A long term Quantity Surveying job role on the AMP6 water framework for an Anglian Water civil engineering contractor working in the Anglian Water region. Role offers long term stability with a high calibre regional civils contractor.
A long term Quantity Surveying job role on the AMP6 water framework for an Anglian Water civil engineering contractor working in the Anglian Water region.
Responsibilities and Duties
This exciting Quantity Surveying role will require you to:
- Provide effective financial and contractual support
- Maximise profitability by identifying ways to reduce costs and add value to projects.
- Place and oversee all subcontract work packages and negotiate the best possible rates.
- Manage the spend of all subcontractors by performing monthly measures against claimed invoices.
- Provide support to the Site Agents and Engineers by identifying varied and additional works, as well as assisting with the production of final accounts.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly remeasure for each project
- Produce monthly reports for the Contracts Manager
- Reconcile and price variation orders
Desired Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role, you must have previous quantity surveying experience gained within a civil engineering environment.
This could be with a civil engineering maincontractor, subcontractor or with a specialist water sector process contractor.
Logical and highly numerate, as a Quantity Surveyor, you must be a deadline-driven team player with strong judgement and decision making abilities.
- An HND qualification in Civil Engineering or Chartered Surveyors (RICS) degree in quantity surveying is desirable
- Good IT skills need to be demonstrated
- An ICES or AcostE membership would be advantageous
- An understanding of NEC, ICE and JCT contract conditions is highly preferable
- An understanding of MOM and CESMM measurement methods is needed