As a Quantity Surveyor you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the built environment of construction. Sectors include public and private sector projects and you will not be limited to one sector should you show the willingness to gain a variety of experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Carrying out estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Assisting the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Helping to ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a key role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the built environment as Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working for a Consultancy or Main Contracting organisation, should you show the desire to work for a consultancy organisation and learn
- JCT or NEC contract experience
- Pre or Post contract experience. Both is preferred however candidates with either will be considered should you have other relevant skills
- Degree in a construction discipline is preferred, ideally Quantity Surveying
- Member of RICS or on route to completing APC. The company provide a fantastic support programme for the APC however, so this is not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a fantastic consultancy that offers its employees the chance to work across various sectors whilst progressing within the business into more senior roles, should you show the ability and drive to do so. They are a multi-sector and multi-disciplinary construction consultancy with multiple offices around the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car or car allowance, pension contribution, and other benefits on top of a very competitive basic salary.