Quantity Surveying job vacancy to suit someone seeking a consultancy role within a close knit working environment offering good career progression prospects. Clients include social housing developers, housebuilders, commercial, industrial and medical clients in Leicestershire and around the UK.
Specific current Quantity Surveying job vacancy is to work on social housing construction projects and private client work ranging from 100k to 10m in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Successful candidates will need to take full responsibility for managing their own projects of up to 10m in value without direct supervision.
- Estimating experience is highly desirable
- Ability and experience of using Masterbill software is also desirable.
Detailed duties include:
- Preparing budget estimates
- Preparing BOQs, schedules of work, contract documentation.
- Chairing and minuting project meetings
- Able to perform tender analyses, final account preparation and interim valuation duties
Desired Skills and Experience
Prior experience of being a no1 or no.2 on a housing related project is essential.
Previous experience of working on social housing and affordable housing projects is essential; either in a consultancy or contracting capacity.
RICS chartership is highly desirable although comparable qualifications will be considered as will candidates working on a path towards APC and chartership.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a Chartered Quantity Surveying practice that has been in business in Leicestershire for over 10 years. They specialise in housing association and affordable housing works and also work with a number of the major developers in the Leicestershire, Market Harborough and Leicester regions. They offer training and CPD sessions, annual appraisals and regular team social activities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary & negotiable benefits package.