Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8240 Job Posted 15/01/2018 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary £30k - £45k + Pension Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
One of the largest main contractors in the UK, requires a Quantity Surveyor to work within the Telecoms Division which is based out of their Leicestershire Office. The office is based just South of Leicester and is in a great location to commute from the M1, M69, M6 and the A5. The hiring company are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who wants a long term future within the Telecoms Division of the business. In return they can offer excellent training and support to becoming a fully qualified Quantity Surveyor. This role is a purely office based role and would suit candidates that prefer to work in a purely office based environment.
You will work for Telecommunications division of one of the largest Main Contractors in the UK. Within this division, you will work on assisting the Quantity Surveyors on projects for blue chip clients in the telecommunications sector. They are capable of carrying out all aspects if the infrastructure build for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry. Their clients requirements range from a single element of network development through to a fully managed network service, for which they provide a full turnkey service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts
- Commercial and Contractual ownership of certain acquisition contracts.
- Management of sub contractors
- Management and support of junior members of the commercial team
- Ensuring that payments to sub-contractors are paid on time and in accordance with the subcontract agreement
- Preparation of external valuations.
- Providing detailed record and valuation of work executed with application of principles of cash maximisation.
- Production of pre-cost estimates, analysis of Head Office cost prints and divergences between pre-cost estimates and Head Office cost prints.
- Preparing detailed schedules of periodic costs from site based information. Comparing these with Head Office cost prints and resolving anomalies with Cost Department.
- Reviewing sub-contract liabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will ideally have previous experience of Quantity Surveying work in the Telecoms sector. However, candidates from a civils & infrastructure background are also desirable
- Ability to work on multiple small value projects at any one time
- Candidates will ideally come from a main / sub contractor background
Completion of a formal qualification in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying is desired. This would most likely be a Degree or HND or similar equivalent qualifications
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the largest construction groups in the UK. They are a FTSE 250 listed company working to leading standards and procedures with exciting, blue chip clients. They are at the forefront of the UK Construction industry, capable of carrying out work across all sectors of the industry. As with any market leading company, staff development and training is high on their list of priorities and suitable candidates will be given every chance to progress through the various levels of Quantity Surveying with the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, Leicestershire - £35k - £40k + car allowance + benefits
- Quantity Surveyor North West London - to cGBP45,000
- Senior Manager - Quantity Surveying Hong Kong Island - to HK$65,000
- Quantity Surveyor Manchester - to GBP40,000
- Quantity Surveyor Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire - £50k - £55k + Car + Excellent benefits package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend