Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8941 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary To £40,000 DOE Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 04/06/2020 Status Live
An urgent client side Professional Quantity Surveyor job vacancy with a busy Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice in Leicestershire.
An exciting opportunity for a client side Professional Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant / Cost Manager to join a dynamic Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy company based in Leicestershire.
This Professional Quantity Surveyor / PQS job role has a focus on managing cost and related functions on a range of projects, ranging in size with construction project values from £1m up to £35m.
This QS job is office based just outside of Leicester in a low density office park that is easily accessible by car from Leicester, most areas of Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland and parts of Warwickshire and Birmingham.
As of June 2020, this leading construction industry employer has had a number of social housing, housing, commercial and other projects reconfirmed and needs to respond to client demand as soon as possible by recruiting and employing a suitably experienced Quantity Surveyor with previous experience of working for a cost consultant / PQS Practice.
Suitable Quantity Surveyor job applicants will have clear cost consultancy experience in a building construction setting, and will be demonstrably experienced and able to cost manage a number of housing and building projects concurrently including pre and post contract work from inception to completion and to the end of the defect period.
Typical construction projects to be cost managed will be mostly within the built environment, including:
- Social Housing - this is a major area of business currently
- Retirement housing
- Industrial & manufacturing
Project sites can be located across the UK, however, the company's main portfolio is within the Leicester, Leicestershire and Midlands region.
The majority of work undertaken currently will be new build and refurbishment projects.
The Professional Quantity Surveyor job role will be permanently based from their Leicestershire office with some home working, and visits to sites as required on an occasional basis.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful Professional Quantity Surveyor candidate will work closely with company senior management. This will also allow help to be given with professional qualifications and professional progression, for example with a RICS APC programme of study and diary collation.
The business is expanding as their project portfolio develops, and the company has a strong work ethos and the successful candidate will have direct, daily links to senior staff within business in a collaborative working environment.
You will be trusted to run your own projects and you will need to be able to undertake a range of pre and post duties which will include:
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- It is essential that applicants for this Professional Quantity Surveyor job have previous experience of working as a PQS / cost consultant within a client side cost consultancy practice company
- 3-4 years + of experience of working for a PQS cost consultant, probably in the UK undertaking comparable housing or building related works is essential
- The most suitable Quantity Surveying candidates will have a good combination of pre and post contract experience
- Candidates should have experience of running their own projects; ideally in excess of £1m in value
- Experience of traditional and/or design and build contracts is highly preferable
- Candidates should have exposure to new build and /or refurbishment projects
- Candidates should have experience of running a number of projects concurrently with limited supervision
- Experience of successfully undertaking the following duties without excessive supervision is essential: Cost Estimates, Schedules of Work, Bills of Quantities, Estimating, Tender and Contract Documentation, Valuations, Cost Reporting and Final Accounts.
- A Construction related degree, ideally a BSc in Quantity Surveying that included measurement modules and hands on QS practical training would be most attractive.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a successful, busy Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management practice based near Leicester, Leicestershire.
They have an enviable workload of projects resuming as the Covid-19 lockdown recedes and suitable social distancing measures for the construction industry and for office based working are now being safely implemented.
The company offers a sociable and collaborative culture.
They company is genuinely fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships. They promote from within and offer a great career path for successful candidates. They are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
This employer is an experienced facilitator of the APC programme run by the RICS to allow ambitious and committed Quantity Surveyors to become fully Chartered.
They are a sociable office who have had various staff social events as well as promoting charity work within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Generous holidays
- Pension scheme
- In-house and external training
- Assistance with APC/RICS qualification
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend