Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9061 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 08/03/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Quantity Surveyor / PQS job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on building projects in Leicestershire and UK wide.
An expanding Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy in Leicestershire is looking for a Quantity Surveyor with estimating and tender documentation skills to join a growing cost consulting and cost management team.
You will be reporting to the Senior QS, and will be working within a Cost Management team based from the Leicestershire office but working from home at times also.
Project work comprises live housing and residential projects, healthcare, industrial and commercial/office projects based in Leicester, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
A combination of office based work and home working can be agreed to meet the new employee's needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
Suitable Quantity Surveyor candidates will have some experience with:
- The preparation of construction cost estimates
- Creating and updating schedules of work, builder’s quantities and tender documentation.
Quantity Surveyor applicants for this job will ideally have a good working knowledge of building contracts and be familiar with using bespoke measurement software e.g. Masterbill or equivalent construction costing software.
The Quantity Surveyor role will involve some post-contract quantity surveying duties although the principal focus will be on providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
It will be essential to be capable of managing multiple small to medium sized projects concurrently.
The ability to manage and develop a PQS pre-contract team of Junior Quantity Surveyors is also needed
Typical Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Consultant duties will include assisting Senior QS colleagues with:
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- The Quantity Surveyor must have cost consultancy experience within a UK PQS Private practice environment.
- Experience of building pre-contract work is preferred.
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred.
- MRICS status or progress towards becoming Chartered is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based QS and PM consultancy who work in a professional and collaborative manner.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- In house and external training provided
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home a number of days per week.
- Quantity Surveyor Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire - £30k - £40k (DOE)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bedford, Bedfordshire - Neg Basic Salary & Package (DOE)
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Bedfordshire - to £60,000 + Benefits
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Denmark - Circa £30k - £55k + Accommodation + Flights
- Senior Quantity Surveyor South Leicestershire - To £65k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend