Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9061 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Leicestershire Salary Negotiable Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 11/05/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor / PQS job vacancy with a Chartered QS and PM Consultancy working on building projects in Leicestershire and UK wide.
An expanding Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy in Leicestershire is looking for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager with estimating and tender documentation skills to join a growing cost consulting and cost management team.
You will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, and will be working within a Cost Management team based from the Leicestershire office.
There will be the choice and the opportunity to work from home for a few days a week also by agreement.
Project work comprises live housing and residential projects, healthcare, industrial and commercial/office projects based in Leicester, Leicestershire, the Midlands, and across England.
Work can include both new build construction and refurbishment works.
Responsibilities and Duties
Suitable Quantity Surveyor candidates will have some experience with:
- The preparation of construction cost estimates
- Creating and updating schedules of work, builder’s quantities and tender documentation.
Quantity Surveyor applicants for this job will ideally have a good working knowledge of building contracts and be familiar with using bespoke measurement software e.g. Masterbill or equivalent construction costing software.
The Quantity Surveyor role will involve some post-contract quantity surveying duties although the principal focus will be on providing excellent pre-contract services to repeat client customers.
It will be essential to be capable of managing multiple small to medium sized projects concurrently.
The ability to manage and develop a PQS pre-contract team of Junior Quantity Surveyors is also needed
Typical Quantity Surveyor / Senior Cost Consultant duties will include assisting Senior QS colleagues with:
- Cost Estimates
- Schedules of Work
- Builders' Quantities
- Bills of Quantities
- Feasibility studies
- Tender and contract documentation
- Cost Reporting
- Final Accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- The Quantity Surveyor must have cost consultancy experience within a UK PQS Private practice environment.
- Experience of building pre-contract work is preferred.
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is preferred.
- MRICS status or progress towards becoming Chartered is desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will join an established and growing Leicestershire based cost consultancy / QS and project management / PM consultancy which can offer their employees a mature, professional and collaborative working environment.
Company offices are based just off the A6 in South Leicestershire and are easily accessible from across the region.
This RICS accredited employer has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
Of particular note for candidate job seekers considering a job to join and work with them, they can demonstrate a fantastic track record of promoting from within their business and there is a clear route for the successful candidate to be made an Associate Director within the business in due course if they have the motivation and capability to progress their career. The company enjoys a vibrant social interaction with staff and client customers and they are looking forward to restarting varied staff social events as well as promoting charity fundraising events within the community.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- In house and external training provided
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home a number of days per week.
- Quantity Surveyor Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire - £30k - £40k (DOE)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Bedford, Bedfordshire - Neg Basic Salary & Package (DOE)
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Bedfordshire - to £60,000 + Benefits
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Denmark - Circa £30k - £55k + Accommodation + Flights
- Senior Quantity Surveyor South Leicestershire - To £65k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend