Quantity Surveyor job with a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying Practice based in Leicestershire. As the Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager / Employers Agent, you will take responsibility for one or multiple projects from a portfolio that could be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing, social housing, retirement apartments, healthcare or student accommodation projects.
You will be office based in Leicestershire and will work on and visit live projects across Leicestershire, the East Midlands, the Midlands and at times, other parts of England.
Most projects are long term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework. Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations, developers or relate to insurance work which is ongoing and expanding in scope.
Many clients are key accounts that require high levels of service to maintain and expand services provided.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Quantity Surveyor job duties will require you to:
- Take the lead on a range of construction projects and to supervise the work of Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Apprentice Quantity Surveyors.
- Undertake a range of pre and post contract quantity surveying duties such as cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- To work independently and take responsibility for the successful delivery of the Quantity Surveying and Project Management services on all the projects you are working on.
- Actively seek responsibility and accountability and to stand in for the Senior Quantity Surveyor or Associate Quantity Surveyor in their absence.
- Act as the Employer’s Agent on Design & Build projects
- Follow the company QMS Quality Management System during the delivery of all services
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement excellent time management strategies.
- Ensure all clients receive an excellent level of service.
- Undertake at least 20 hours of CPD every year.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience of running your own projects as a Quantity Surveyor or Cost Consultant working for either a PQS/cost consultancy or building contractor or subcontractor would be ideal.
- Experience of measurement software such as CostX Measurement Software or similar
- Previous experience of, and ability to undertake with the minimum of support, pre and post contract quantity surveying duties including cost estimating, BOQ production, feasibility studies, tender documentation and contract documentation production, valuation work, cost reporting and final account work.
- Able to demonstrate a strategic approach and problem-solving skills and capacity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or a degree in Cost Management or similar is desirable
- MRICS Chartership is preferred, or progress towards Chartership underway
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading Chartered Quantity Surveying and Project Management consultancy working on projects across England, with a focus on the Midlands, Home Counties and South of England. Operating in counties including Leicestershire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Kent, they are growing fast and have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare and other building related work to undertake for clients for years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company. Maxim Recruitment is proud to have worked with this company for many years and recommend them highly. Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous basic salary of £30-40k based on previous experience
Phone & laptop provided