Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring Highest quality of service delivery to Clients
- Mentoring of more junior members of staff
- Provision of pre contract project control and responsibility
- Post Contract Administration
- Cost Plans/ Estimates
- Tender enquiry documents
- Bills of Quantity
- Take offs
- Feasibility reports
- Contractor liaison management
- Cost/Value reconciliations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical delivery experience gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation, contract documentation and post contract services experience
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- •A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible and prepared to travel overseas
- Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is an independent property and construction practice with offices across Asia, Oceania, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Americas. In the UK alone they employ hundreds of staff across eight offices ranging from London to the North West. The company is consistently ranked as one of the best Employers in the UK and Internationally.