Quantity SurveyorRef MAX6430 Job Posted 02/10/2018 Region London Location London Salary £40k - £50k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join a major construction consultancy in their London office. Your focus will be on projects in the utilities sector, on a major programme involving waste and clean water refurbishments, pipelines, and heavy civil engineering works as a Quantity Surveyor. This is a great opportunity to progress your career with a highly reputable global consultancy and progress your career.
You will be working on a major programme in the water / utilities sector as a Quantity Surveyor. Projects will include clean and waste water refurbishment projects, heavy civil engineering, pipelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the following duties as Quantity Surveyor:
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams from the client perspective
- Managing the contractors on site as Quantity Surveyor
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, defending contractor claims where necessary
- Cost reporting for clients
- Working closely with the project managers on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, civil engineering, infrastructure or Oil & Gas sectors
- NEC contract experience is preferred but not essential should you show the ability to learn quickly
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction, operating in unlimited project sectors across the UK. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivalled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.
- Quantity Surveyor - PQS Manchester - Circa £26k - £42k + package
- Quantity Surveyor - PQS Bristol - Circa £26k - £42k + package
- Quantity Surveyor - PQS Swindon - Circa £26k - £42k + package
- Project Quantity Surveyor Hull - Circa £35,000 - £45,000
- Project Quantity Surveyor Scotland - Up to £50k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend