A Quantity Surveyor is required to join the infrastructure division of an international construction consultancy in their large London office on major civil, infrastructure or rail projects. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into a more senior role in the future with this international consultancy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery
- Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be a Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Assist or take control of estimating and cost planning activities as Quantity Surveyor
- Conduct post-contract cost variances and change control processes as Quantity Surveyor
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Assist with ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Working with senior staff members to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is preferred
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the infrastructure, civil engineering or rail sectors is essential
- Experience of taking commercial control of your own projects as a Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefit package including pension contribution (x2 of what you contribute up to 6% [maximum +12% on top]), bonus each year, health cover, 25 days holiday with option to buy/sell holiday days, and option to carry 10 days holiday over per year and maintain into following years.