A medium sized main contractor based in Central London are in need of a Quantity Surveyor to work on projects within their structural refurbishment division. This is an immediate requirement and the successful candidate will originally work on closing out a successful existing project based in Holborn, London and run with new projects after it's completion.
The company specialise in new build, refurbishment and fit-out projects in Central London. The vast majority of their projects are based in zones 1 & 2 of the city and typically range between £2m - £10m in value.
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a site based position to be the lead Quantity Surveyor on projects with supervision from the Commercial Manager for the division. You largely be involved in post contract work going forward including:
- Contract Administration
- Management of sub-contractors
- Project forecasting
- Cost / value reports
- Final Accounts
- Attending site progress meetings
- Maintaining records
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working of refurbishment projects is essential. Ideally within structural refurbishments specifically.
- Ability to work as the lead Quantity Surveyor on projects between £2m - £10m
- Strong post contract Quantity Surveying experience
- Previous experience of working in the UK is essential
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar equivalent is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a 10 year old, medium sized contractor specialising in the delivery of projects within new build, refurbishment and fit-out. Typical projects include commercial offices, historic buildings, educational buildings, residential and hotels & Leisure developments. The business is ran by a number of leading construction professionals in this field and has a turnover in excess of £50m and rising.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £50k + Benefits