A new Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor job opportunity with Chartered Quantity Surveying practice in Central London. Successful candidates will have previous consultancy experience with social housing projects.
This employer can demonstrate a fantastic track record of promoting from within their business and a strong APC training programme.
As Employers Agent / Quantity Surveyor, you will take responsibility for one or multiple projects from a portfolio that primarily will be new build or refurbishment of affordable housing or social housing.
Most projects are long-term client work, either negotiated or won as a part of a services framework.
Significant work is repeat business from clients such as housing associations and developers.
The successful Employers Agent Quantity Surveyor candidate will be willing to travel to sites across the UK as required, so a driving license is required.
The office is located in Central London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking the lead on a range of construction projects and supervising the work of the quantity surveyors, assistants and apprentices in your team and helping them to fulfil their potential.
- Acting as the principal point of contact with the project client and the other consultants on the design team.
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of QS / PM services on all projects you are working on.
- Actively looking to take on additional responsibility and able to stand in for the Associate or Senior QS when they are unavailable.
- Acting as Employer’s Agent on Design and Build projects.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and developing excellent time management strategies.
- You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall objectives of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in running own projects quantity surveying and / or project management for either a Private Practice, Construction Company or related organisation.
- Proficiency in measurement, ideally using CostX Measurement Software.
- Experience in running projects independently.
- Strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Cost Management or a related field.
- Working towards MRICS, or a commitment to achieve Chartered status within 2 years of starting at this company.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a RICS Accredited Quantity Surveying/ Project Management practice that has an enviable pipeline of work with a loyal, established and expanding client base.
They have a full order book of social housing, housing, student accommodation, healthcare, care home, industrial, religious, heritage/conservation and insurance-related work confirmed from repeat and new clients for a number of years to come.
This leading employer values loyalty and consistency, and rewards their hard-working staff with generous salaries, bonuses, professional development and the payment of professional fees. They encourage and facilitate strong working and social relationships across the company.
Full company overview details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 with time served)
- Professional fees paid
- In house and external training and support
- Discretionary bonus