Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will encompass the full Quantity Surveying duties, and you will be responsible for the following,
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Providing estimates and quotations for additional works.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Main Contracting Experience is essential
- Experience on Major Build projects is strongly preferred
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel and MS Word.
- Be highly literate and able to write contractual letters and reports with ease.
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is an international leading Main Contractor working in the South East and London area that have a very well-known presence within the construction industry, in various sectors. Company turnover exceeds €1bn and continues to grow.