Quantity SurveyorRef MAX9089 Consultant Stuart Hackett Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Loughborough, Leicestershire Salary £30k - £35k + Bonus Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 24/02/2021 Status Live
A consultancy Quantity Surveyor with experience of running their own projects is required to work for a small but established QS and PM consultancy based in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate may be an Assistant or Intermediate Quantity Surveyor currently, however must be able to carry out pre and post contract duties and have the ability to act as the lead on a small number of projects. You will be expected to carry out the majority of the day-to-day duties for each projects, but will have support from senior management who will sign off on your work.
The client works on a variety of projects on behalf client organisations and contractors. They provide QS and PM consultancy services to clients nationwide.
The bulk of their projects are local to the Leicester and East Midlands region. However, on occasions they will have projects in other parts of the country.
Typically, their project focus is on projects within the built environment. For example, commercial, residential, industrial and healthcare sector projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will report directly into to Director of the business and support them in delivering pre and post contract duties on behalf of their client(s). Within the role you will get exposure to traditional quantity surveying, contract administration and acting as the employers agent.
Typical duties will include:
- Cost estimates
- Cost Planning
- Tender preparation and evaluation
- Contract Administration
- Stakeholder management
- Cost reporting
- Schedules of work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have enough experience in a Quantity Surveying role to manage the day-to-day running of a small number of projects with minimal supervision
- Must have had exposure to both pre and post contract duties within their previous role(s)
- Previous experience of working for a consultancy is desired, however Quantity Surveyors from a contracting background may also be considered
- Prior experience of operating in an Employers Agent and/or Contract Administrators role would be advantageous, but not essential
- Professional attitude
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and positively with clients
- A formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant qualification is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a small but established Chartered consultancy offering QS and PM consultancy services to its clients. Due to a sustained increase in work, the business is looking to expand their team and bring on an additional Quantity Surveyor.
Their office is based in Loughborough, Leicestershire. However whilst Covid restrictions are in place, you can expect to be home based.
Being a smaller business, you will report directly into the directors and join team of highly professional Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers. You will play an integral part in the businesses growth plans and gain exposure to a variety of clients and projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £35k basic salary
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong - HK$18-HK$30K
- Quantity Surveyor Nottingham, Nottinghamshire - £30k - £45k (DOE)
- Quantity Surveyor Leicestershire - Negotiable
- Quantity Surveyor Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire - £30k - £40k (DOE)
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor Bedfordshire - to £60,000 + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend