A Quantity Surveyor is required to join an established construction consultancy in Lutterworth, to work on build projects up to £30m. You will have post graduate experience for a consultancy, and will have completed your APC or be on course to complete. You will be provided with great project exposure and be responsible for your own projects once you have proven your capabilities, and assist in the cost management of much larger schemes with scope to be promoted quickly into senior roles.
You will work on new build and refurbishment projects from £100k – £30m, including residential, education, commercial, mixed – use, and retail.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To liaise with clients to establish project briefs, providing advice on procurement and financial matters as appropriate.
- Attend design team meetings and liaise with other members of the client’s design/professional team as necessary.
- Produce or assist in the development of project programmes.
- Production of detailed budget estimates and cost plans.
- Preparation of tender or negotiation documents as required by the relevant method of procurement.
- Examine and analyse tenders and prepare tender reports for all methods of procurement.
- Prepare contract documentation.
- Attend/chair monthly site/contract meetings, producing associated minutes where applicable.
- Review and provide comments on contractors proposed drawings when undertaking an Employer’s Agent role.
- Carry out regular valuations and produce payment certificates where required.
- Monitor progress/financial position of contracts and produce regular financial statements and progress reports.
- Carry out all other duties associated with Contract Administrator, Employer’sAgent or Project Manager roles, including snagging, issue of contract
instructions, defects inspections, etc.
- Prepare and agree final accounts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience within a consultancy environment on building projects is preferred, Main Contractor experience is considered in a pre contract role
- Good computer literacy
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying is preferred
- MRICS or on route to complete
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The Consultancy Practice was founded in the early 1990’s and provides a flexible range of modern professional construction management services to a wide range of clients. They employ Quantity Surveyors, Construction Cost Advisers and Project Management professionals from their Leicestershire based office.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package including a pension and health scheme.