A Quantity Surveyor vacancy exists with a leading civil engineering contractor working on a mains renewal contract in the water sector. This is a permanent position and you will be based from the companies office in Maidstone, Kent. You will work on contracts worth circa £6m per annum and have the freedom to make this role your own, by managing your own time / schemes whilst reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
You will work on schemes of work as part of a £6m p/a contract in the water sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor on this scheme, you will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor but handle many of the day to day tasks yourself with the freedom to make this role your own and manage your time and work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have some post graduate experience working for a reputable contractor
- Candidates with experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor within the water / utilities sector are desired. Although candidates with a strong understanding and experience of the Quantity Surveying role wanting to get into the water sector will be considered.
- Previous experience on working on projects / schemes as part of a framework agreement would be advantageous but not essential
- Highly IT literate, particularly in the use of MS Excel
- A good understanding of the QS function and ability to plan and manage your time effectively
- Candidates should hold a degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors. They work extensively on leading civil engineering, infrastructure, utilities and rail throughout the UK and can offer aspiring Quantity Surveyors opportunities on a range of projects within the civil engineering sector.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
GBP 35k - 45k + Car (or allowance) + Benefits