A well respected multi disciplined main contractor seeks a Quantity Surveyor to join their Manchester based office where they are working on exciting projects as part of the Manchester City Centre redevelopment. The successful candidate will work on residential, commercial and mixed-use projects between £40m - £100m in Manchester City Centre.
Manchester is receiving significant funds from private developers to regenerate parts of the city centre. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work on exciting construction projects in excess of £40m.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a large commercial team carrying out a number of exciting projects in Manchester city centre at present. You will report to the Commercial Manager on the project and be responsible largely for handling packages of work and dealing with sub-contractor accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor for a reputable contractor in the UK is essential
- Candidates will ideally have a good knowledge of NEC Forms of contract
- Experience of working of projects in the built environment is essential. Ideally larger value and complex projects.
- Experienced at working on projects from start through to completion is desired
- Candidates with experience of the two stage tender process would be desired. However this is not essential.
- Candidates should be degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is an International construction company with a well established UK business operating for over a 100 years. They have a reputation for delivering major projects throughout the UK. Due to strong growth plans, they have a number of vacancies in core their core areas of the UK which include the North West and London.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £30k - £38k (DOE) + Car Allowance + Benefits