Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8109 Job Posted 08/09/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire Salary £50k - £55k + Car + Excellent benefits package Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is required work for a construction company specialising in the property sector of construction and based just off the M1 near Milton Keynes.
Due to a recent resignation, we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with experience in the residential sector to work for a highly professional developer. This is an interesting role that will incorporate elements of Project Management into the traditional Quantity Surveying role.
You will work exclusively in the property sector and work will include new build and refurbishment of residential properties. The business also are involved in the acquisition of land for developments as well as the sale of properties and your expertise will be used at all phases of the lifecycle of their properties.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the Project Management team to assist and support with contractual and commercial issues on multiple projects. Specific duties will include:
- To assist in the monitoring and control of all project costs
- To produce accurate forecasts of project spend on a monthly and quarterly basis
- To complete all project financial appraisals and definitions for review by the Head of Project Management prior to board submission.
- To collate and issue documentation for the tendering of project scopes of work
- To evaluate and reconcile submitted tenders and submit recommendations to the Head of Project Management
- To produce contracts along with relevant documentation and assist in contract administration
- Validating main contractor applications and variation requests
- To assist in the production of various monthly and quarterly reports for board review
- Final account negotiations with main contractor
-To contribute and provide support in the development and application of the Schedule of Rates
- To contribute and provide support to the design and programme stages of projects
- To attend and occasionally chair project pre start meetings including arranging the taking and issuing of accurate minutes
- To attend fortnightly project review meetings with all contractors on site
- To assist the Project Manager with the verification of site survey drawings and floor plans as required
- To assist in the management of the handover of units from contractor to build and from build to sales
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous experience of working in the residential sector
- Must be able to work largely independently on Quantity Surveying tasks
- Candidates will ideally have a combination of main contractor and developer experience, however given the role candidates from either background could fit well into this role
- Must be strong at working as part of a team
- Highly IT literate
- Strong written and numeracy skills
- Candidates will ideally be educated to Degree level , however similar relevant equivalent qualifications will be considered
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining one of the largest private owners of residential property in the UK, who operate in the construction, regeneration, and refurbishment or homes Nationwide. This a great opportunity to gain experience with a unique business, reporting directly to the Head of Project Management.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £55k + Car + Excellent benefits package
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend