An Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor is required to join an international consultancy in their Newcastle office. You should be a Quantity Surveyor with some post graduate experience, who wants to gain experience with a top 20 UK construction consultancy on building sector projects.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working on commercial, residential, and industrial projects of varying values.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre and Post contract Quantity Surveying work
- Tender preparation
- Cost Planning
- Compiling estimates
- Contract administration
- Final accounts
- Value engineering
- Procurement and standardisation work
Desired Skills and Experience
• Possess experience in electronic take-off software, CostX or similar
• Are innovative, have ability to adapt to change and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
• Experience in the built environment as a Quantity Surveyor
• Have good knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel and Project
• Have the ability to show and use initiative
• Have Health and Safety awareness
• Have strong relationship management and client facing skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
• Being a team player with the ability to work independently
• Hold leadership skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent is strongly preferred
- On route to completing MRICS or MCIOB qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a top 20 construction consultancy in the UK with multiple offices in overseas locations. They are expanding in size whilst maintaining a first class service in regards to quality services to clients in their sectors. They offer unrivalled project exposure and boast an excellent staff retention rate.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package inclusive of a car allowance, private health scheme and pension contribution.