A Quantity Surveyor vacancy has arisen with one of the UK's largest main contracting company's. The successful candidate will work on large social and speculative housing projects in the North London area. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a sector of construction that is currently booming in the UK with a highly reputable employer!
The successful candidate will be required to work on exciting large scale social and speculative housing projects in the North London area. The values for these projects range from £4m-£30m.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Quantity Surveyor on this project, you will be site based and the primary day-to-day commercial representative for the company on site. You will need to work largely independently, however there will be support from the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager where required. Duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working for a reputable main contractor on large housing projects. Candidates with experience working for a main contractor on large scale build projects will be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out the full range of Quantity Surveyor duties
- You will be highly computer literate and have an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organised. - Familiar with NEC and JCT Contracts.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant discipline is desirable, although not vital for this vacancy.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a UK leader in the property development/regeneration sector. This contractor has turned over more than 1 billion GDP which illustrates their success and hard-working nature. My client operates multiple offices in the UK and employs over 3,000 workers, making them one of the UK’s largest housing contractors. My client offers exciting career opportunities, as well as a range of projects that will challenge and stretch you.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k-£55k per annum + benefits