Quantity Surveyor job vacancy to work for a leading civil engineering contractor based from North London. Your job role will be to help manage the commercial function and manage projects within the operating region.
Quantity Surveyor job to work within the North London regional civil engineering construction function for a major national civil engineering contractor.
The region's highways division hub is in the north London area and you will be based on a live project within the region and will visit other regional projects as needed to offer quantity surveying and commercial management and support as required.
Projects include one off rad and highway civil engineering and infrastructure projects that range between £1m to £50m in value but typically are £5-20m in size.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main Quantity Surveyor duties on the civil engineering projects and frameworks described above will include:
- Ability to assist with identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Review and advise on certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Assist with giving advice to regional staff to ensure contract variations are identified and maximise recovery.
- Advise regional staff to facilitate timely applications for payment and prompt final account settlements.
- Assist with the preparation documentation for the Senior Quantity Surveyor for dispute resolution situations when required.
- Assist with the preparation and review CVR reports with Contracts Managers and agree reporting position prior to submission to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Regional Director.
- Help ensure regional staff comply with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Help guide and advise regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspects in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of working as a Quantity Surveyor or be ready for promotion from Trainee or Graduate level Quantity Surveyor to Quantity Surveyor level.
- You will need to be able to show some Civil Engineering project experience, preferably within the UK and have gained this experience working for a national or regional civil engineering contractor or subcontractor.
- Project experience should ideally include contracting experience on highways, roads, infrastructure and structures and bridge civil engineering projects.
- You will ideally need to have had some exposure to some aspects of the NEC form of contract and be able to show this experience.
- Demonstrable communication skills
- Some experience of managing potential risks and evaluating options for control are needed
- Some experience of reviewing certification for contract payments to sub-contractors.
- Some experience of preparing documentation for dispute resolution that has led to successful outcomes is desirable
- Experience of preparing and reviewing CVR reports is desired
- Experience of presenting commercial reports to colleagues
- A degree or HNC/HND or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A high quality and well regarded national civil engineering contractor operating from a number of regional hubs across the UK.
They have a number of blue chip public and private sector client customers they work for on both a one off, repeat, negotiated and long term NEC framework basis.
Projects include one off civil engineering and infrastructure projects that range between £1m to £50m in value but typically are £5-20m in size and in addition there are a number of live framework projects for water, environmental and highways/road clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Car or Car Allowance
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension
- Generous Holidays
- Various Other Benefits