A Quantity Surveyor is required to work for the civils division of a reputable construction group based in London.This division of the business operates mainly as a subcontractor providing a range of groundwork's and RC Frame services on large projects to blue chip clients.
You will have the opportunity to work on the early stages of exciting large value projects in the London area. With construction currently booming in London, this is an exciting time to work in this sector. The company provide a range of groundwork's services to larger main contractors including excavation, general groundwork's, RC Frame, Piling and Basements. On larger projects, work will often value up to several million GBP.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and develop the commercial team, ensuring workload is covered effectively and to ensure compliance and processes are being followed
- Ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Produce/ compile accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieve
- Ensure contract commercial deliverables and timescales are met
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
- Responsible for ensuring works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates should have previous experience of working for a main contractor or reputable sub contractor
- Previous exposure to Groundwork's projects or packages of work as a Quantity Surveyor is desired
- Ability to work autonomously as a Project QS on projects / packages of work over £1m
- Strong contractual knowledge and ability to amicably resolve issues promptly is desired. Someone who can cooperate well with the main contractor whilst ensuring the company is paid correctly and on time
Candidates will ideally be qualified to Degree level or hold a similar equivalent qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is an established London based Main Contractor capable of carrying out a range of works with blue chip clients around the London region. They specialise particularly in multi level basements, high rise reinforced concrete frames & groundwork's as well as Retail Fit Out projects. The company has a turnover in excess of £75m.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k - £45k (DOE) + Benefits