Quantity SurveyorRef MAX7101 Job Posted 23/03/2017 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Northampton Salary £30k-£40k Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a Tier 1 Main Contractor to work on a £37m new build healthcare project in Northampton. Could this be an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills?
The successful candidate will be required to work upon an exciting £37m new build healthcare project in Northampton.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor on this project and will be expected to perform a multitude of Quantity Surveying tasks including, but not limited to:
- Feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a
- project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management team
- Estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are undertaken effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Desired Skills & Experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IT literate
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Good contractual knowledge
- Highly motivated
- Experience working on health related build projects is desirable, but not essential.
A degree or similar equivalent in Quantity Surveying or other relevant discipline is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is one of the UK's leading Main Contractors, employing over 3,000 staff across the UK. This company offers great opportunities for career progression and exciting project involvement!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£30k-£40k per annum + benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend